Tuesday 10 November 2015

THE TORN HEART

I loved you…
No, not because of what you had;
Not because of things I’d heard!
I loved you for you!
Oh what a genuine love I had!

I cared about you…
No, not because I wanted something from you;
But because I wanted the best for you.
Just to see you okay.
Oh how I deeply cared!

I was so free with you…
No, not because I didn’t have others to open up to,
But because I trusted you.
The friend I could say anything to!
Oh how I felt safe with you!

I always wanted to be there for you…
No, not because I expected the same from you.
I wanted to be a good friend,
To stand with you,
Oh just to be there for you!

BUT…

My love was never enough for you.
My care meant nothing to you.
You kept shutting down my efforts to be there for you.
You became too cold and it froze my heart,
And a high wall you built between us.
You pushed me away.
Oh how you pushed my heart away!


No comments:

Post a Comment