Monday 30 March 2015

ONE SWEET DAY!!

The day you were born I became the happiest aunty!
You were the reason I never spent weekends at my place just so I could be with you.
I remember your dad telling me that I filled your body with my fingerprints,
and how I should go get my own child.
You were growing up so fast darling and that always made me smile.
Then you became sick my baby.

As usual I had to come be with you.
I remember that night laughing at how chubby you had become.
But you were not bubbly as before darling.
You are the reason I also couldn’t eat that night.
How I prayed for you while I held you in my arms for hours.

The little kisses I put on your cheeks as you went to sleep baby,
Yes I know you remember them.
How I left in the morning to go to church and said goodbye to you,
Not knowing it would be my last.

Baby, I remember that call I received that night that you were no more!
How I threw my phone on the bed saying”No it’s not true!”
I had prayed for you baby, and God was to heal you that day.
I was with you that morning so how could it happen?


I had never felt that kind of pain in my life baby.
I cried till I couldn’t cry any more for you.
I became so angry with God for taking you.
Life just stopped when you stopped.

Your little lifeless body my darling.
Only 3months with you but you brought so much joy.
And now the pain was in the same measure.
I am sorry I never poured soil on your grave honey.
I couldn’t bury you, no not you.

Now I look back and I know God allowed to take you back angel.
That HE allowed me to pray for you to prepare you for your journey back.
I still think and miss you so much baby.
But an angel you were and an angel you will always be.
Till we meet again, I will always treasure you.

The song below always reminds me of you:
(One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey and Boys II Men)
Never had I imagined,
Living without your smile.
Feeling and knowing you hear me,
It keeps me alive.

And I know you're shining down on me from heaven.
Like so many friends we've lost along the way.
And I know eventually we'll be together,
One sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment