Wednesday 11 March 2015

BELIEVE IN WHAT GOD SAYS

We all have those people who we meet daily in our day to day lives. Mine happens to be this elderly motorcycle man. As I was heading to work, he started telling me stories about his family and how a family brings honor to someone.Then he throws a question at me, wanting to know if I plan on getting married anytime soon. I told him yes and he was happy that I wasn't like the other ladies he carries on his motorbike. He even went ahead to give me advice on marriage.

He then changes the topic and asks if I live at place ABC to which I say no, but I stay in DEF and would one day desire to live at ABC. His next comment got me off guard because he said that then in DEF I must be living in the ''poshest'' area because I have money!! I don't know where he got such a notion from and he smiled and bid me farewell as I had already reached my destination.

As I thought about that scenario, I remembered this verse in the Bible:

Mal 3:12 Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the LORD Almighty!

Friends, many are the times that we may be going through storms that only us know of yet people out there admire who we are. You may look down on yourself and even forget your worth but God always has a way of reminding us who we are. A Royal Priesthood, a chosen generation! 

Psalms 1:3 (paraphrased) : You shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season,whose leaf also shall not wither;and whatever you do shall prosper.


Whose report shall you believe in? The report of your current situation, or the report of the Lord? Remember, even in your lowest moment, there is someone out there looking up to you! So stand up and walk with your head high like a child of the Most High God.

Shalom.





No comments:

Post a Comment