Thursday 21 May 2015

THE DELIVERY ROOM

Life starts in the delivery room. That room where no one is really certain of the outcome. A place where pain is what echoes all round. Yet, its the same place that a mother will come out joyful. When carrying the pregnancy, a woman goes through hormonal changes, cravings and all crazy and weird things. She waits for the due date with her all. None anticipates bad news from that room, but many are the times when instead of tears of joy, its tears of sorrow. There are always these probabilities that the following will happen: Either the Mother will live and lose her baby; The baby lives and the mother dies; Both the mother and baby die: Or the best, when they both live.

I remember taking myself to the hospital in high spirits for I knew I was going to bring forth a life. After the first checkup, the doctor told me my blood pressure was too high. I had never had it before nor anyone in my family! When the signs of the baby coming were evident, I was rushed into the delivery room. Then came the pushing part! If you don't push at the right time the midwives ask you, you risk losing the baby and endangering your life as well. So I pushed and pushed but no, the baby wasn't coming out. I sunk into unconsciousness twice. Though the second time as I was now drifting from the world slowly and heading to wherever, something startled me!

"We are risking with this one. If she fails we rush her in the theatre"
'' Yes, she was a complicated case, that's why I brought her to you as I couldn't handle her"

Those were the words I heard from the midwives in the far away place I was drifting into! I couldn't bring myself to be conscious and I knew I was dying. My blood pressure had shot up and here I was: helpless. Then I remembered a Name that's above all other names, and I said "JESUS, please don't let me die." I immediately started calling on HIS name continuously and I could feel life coming back in me. In a few minutes, my baby was out and all the nurses were coming to congratulate me! They knew I wasn't going to make it but God's plan had come to pass!

This is what happens in our spiritual lives too. Just when we are about to birth our miracle, gift or breakthrough, the devil always shows up!

1Pet 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.


The devil isn't after you, but what you carry in you and he will do anything to kill , steal and destroy it as that's his nature (John 10;10)  He attacks just when you see like everything is falling in place and you are expectant. These are the times when you can either stand up and fight or risk losing what you are carrying or losing your life as well. But whose report will you believe in when that friend you have trusted all along tells you that what you are planning will never work out? When that brother or sister, puts you down because of your vision? When everything seems to be working against you at the point you were so sure of a miracle or breakthrough?


Like in a delivery room, for you to birth out your miracle, you need a midwife: They come as mentors or spiritual parents. For they are the ones who will tell you whether you should push that miracle or breakthrough or whether to relax and breathe first. The moment you push at the wrong time, you risk losing what you are carrying and your life too.

We need to come to that point where we say like Job in Job 13:15 - That "Though HE slay me, yet will I trust in HIM". That no matter what the enemy is using, be it sickness, losing a loved one, breaking up with the one you love, losing your job,right when you are in the Spiritual delivery room, that you will be strong and speak what God said. HIS word never goes back to Him empty,but will accomplish what HE desires and achieves the purpose for which HE sent it (Isa 55:11) We only lose when we keep quiet and not speak to the situations we face. The tongue has the power of life and death (Prov 18:21)


May we be strong enough to not give up in the delivery room, speak HIS word and stand by what HE said in Isa 66:9 : Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

Shallom as you deliver what you carry in you!




No comments:

Post a Comment