Wednesday 3 June 2015

THE SINNERS FRIEND

My heart was in turmoil..
Dissappointments, being taken for granted, name it!
Yes I had let God down in one way or the other,
And I couldn't bring myself to stand before Him!
He sure is a merciful God,but sometimes it's not easy.
Praying becomes hard and the Bible becomes so complicated!
I was going through those moments,
Where you cover yourself in HIS blood and go to bed.

Sleep took over and here I was in a conference.
Then I saw HIM. Why wasn't anyone else seeing HIM?
I looked again, and this time,I fell flat to my face.
All I could do was call on HIS name and ask HIM to forgive me.
I felt so unworthy, so sinful and couldn't lift my head from the floor.
His Presence makes one feel so tiny, like a nobody.
And all of a sudden,all the burdens in my heart left,
Replaced by peace...HIS peace!

Then here I was in a youth fellowship,
Declaring loudly in the forest how Jesus is Lord.
Then I saw a Lion following us, but why wasn't anyone else seeing it?
I had peace as I looked at it,
And I declared, JESUS is the Lion of Judah.
I felt safe as we left that forest, for I could see the LION walking next to us.
HIS protection.
HE will never leave nor forsake us!

Back on the road, we the youth took selfies, oh yes we did!
Then we started to walk towards the cars but there was so much filth.
It was weird that no one cared, they walked on it despite the flies and all.
I stopped, and couldn't allow myself walk in such filth.
As I lifted up my leg to move, I was carried through to the other side!
Yes, HE didn't allow me walk in that filth.
And I woke up praising HIS name!
The Name of JESUS!

When I felt so unworthy, HE chose to show me I am worthy!
When I felt so sinful and unrighteous,
HE came and took my unrighteousness and sanctified me.
I don't have to take the route my peers are taking,
But allow HIM to order my steps.
He didn't allow me walk in filth, 
To let me know that walking in Holiness,
Is not by our might or power,
But by HIS Power and Grace if we just surrender to Him.

Did I deserve this encounter at night? No.
Was I walking so uprightly? No.
But did I desire to do so? Yes.
He knew what was in my heart even if I couldn't express it.
Faithful HE is to meet our hearts desires,
So let's desire and choose to live for HIM,
To have an intimate relationship with HIM,
And desire to go deeper in HIM.

Better a day in HIS courts, than a thousand else where.

Shalom.






5 comments: