Saturday 3 October 2015

GOODBYE'S THE HARDEST THING TO SAY

You told me you won’t leave,
Held my hands tightly,
The look in your eyes told it all.
Interlocked in your embrace as our hearts started beating at the same rate,
Then I gently lay my head on your shoulder…
That longing look, but we didn’t surrender to passion,
No, atleast not then;
For we had each other for the rest of our lives.

You Promised to grow old with me,
To stand by me, to love me.
As I lifted my head to assure you of the same,
You silenced me with a kiss…
A kiss I will never have again.
Our love had primed,
The future was so bright.
Atleast you made me see it that way.

I stop and look back:
The silly jokes we made as we strolled the dirty streets.
Getting home to make our simple lovely dinners;
Having breakfast in bed with the most amazing person.
Sharing  icecream in the park as we sat on the swings,
The silly arguments that would make us mad at each other;
Then the forgiving, kissing and making up sweet moments!
Can’t forget the prayers we would make in our humble home.

I wished the best for you as you left that day,
Our usual I love you honey and a goodbye kiss.
And I whispered how I couldn’t wait to see you in the evening.
The naughty wink you gave me as you cupped my face and left,
And how I joked you should “call in sick” so we spend the day together.
Your text that you had reached and the virtual kisses made my day.
You were the missing puzzle in my life.
God really was in this..three cords..unbreakable!

As usual, you alerted me you were on your way home,
The message that always made me smile in the evenings.
Dinner was ready, everything was, and I waited.
Why weren’t you picking your phone nor replying my texts?
No I knew you so well my king so that was weird!
Then you called me…
But it wasn’t you honey?! Who stole your phone?
Alas! It was a stranger, a good Samaritan she said!

“Hello, just to alert you that there has been an accident...”
“A what? Where? Who are you?”
“I am from Red Cross and your husband has been involved…”
“Give him the phone!!Give it to him now!!” I cut short.
“Sorry, we have tried the best we could but unfortunately…”
I felt a cold shiver and my knees gave way.
This must have been a bad dream, a mistake!
No! Hell No!

But Honey, all I’m left with is memories,
Sweet memories tattooed in my heart.
What happened to our promises?
Why did you leave so soon? Why leave my world so cold?
Each day I sink in deeper in the same soil they put you in…
Each day a piece of me dies with you.
You always wanted me to be happy,
But I can’t without you…

I cherish each and every second we spent.
My love for you ...Your love for me…the best love story there was.
You never got to see the seed you left in me…
He is a little copy of you honey and reminds me of you daily.
I will let him know you were the best there ever was.
I miss you so much it hurts…these tears burn my cheeks all night.
Smile and fly with the angels.
Loved you, Love you and Forever will.


 Breaks my heart to say Goodbye :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment